Time to turn over a new "be-leaf"
The recent precautions and restrictions intended to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19 impacts are presenting each of us new opportunities to demonstrate leadership resilience and capacity. Is a new era of consciousness one of the unintended consequences of this pandemic? Most of us are inevitably suddenly with ourselves as a result of social distancing. Many cherish this as this is there comfort zone. Some feel lost, unsure and unclear about the solitude outside established work and life routines. Social distancing invites opportunities to examine cherished and long-held beliefs and assumptions. I’m finding an abundance of new learning amidst new routines. I’m adjusting to teleworking (new to me) while simultaneously trying to team well with others remotely and stay productive. I’m noticing there are new things to learn, old things to unlearn and plenty to let go of as I navigate this uncharted territory.
What are you noticing?
Questions for reflection:
1. Thoreau said, “Things do not change, we change”. What needs to change within you?
2. What cherished belief needs examination? What are you striving to hold on to?
3. Buddha said, “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we create our world”. What are you thinking and therefore, creating?
4. How is what you are experiencing, building your individual consciousness and resilience?
5. For those with a 360 profile, How can I let go of a self-limiting belief? Overdoing some form of complying, protecting or controlling?
6. For those of you with a 360 profile, what Creative Competency will I adopt to create an outcome that equals a challenge I’m faced with?
The ASCENT team is here to support you by listening, coaching, encouraging and learning along with you. We join you in creating outcomes that really matter.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out.